Au Pair Quality
All of our au pairs are pre-screened and held to the highest standards. The rigorous admissions process requires au pairs to complete a comprehensive background screening including verifiable childcare experience and passing strict requirements to be accepted into our program.
A Program representative interviews each of our au pair candidates in person. Au pairs must:
- Pass a psychometric test
- Submit a detailed background check
- Provide a history of childcare experience, skills, and training
- Submit 2 non-family childcare references
- A character reference
- A physician’s report
- Proof of completion of secondary school
- A letter explaining why they want to be an au pair
Our screening process is set up to ensure that only the most mature, responsible, and caring individuals are accepted into the program.
All au pairs must meet the following requirements mandated by the U.S. Department of State in addition to our Agency’s screening:
- Speak and write conversational English
- Be willing to share your culture and learn about others
- Be willing to commit to 12 months in the U.S.
- Agree to having a background check performed
- Have at least 6 months childcare experience (or at least 200 hours caring for infants – to care for infants)
- Be able to provide 3 non-family local references regarding experience and character
- Possess a driver’s license (or be ready to get one)
- Be in good physical condition as evidenced by a Physician’s Report