Our Local Rep Network is a diverse, collaborative group of individuals from various professional backgrounds all across the United States. Each Local Rep is a global expert who represents LPI Learning and cultural exchange in their community while working part-time from home as an independent contractor and supplementing their income.
Reps promote the following programs: Agent Au Pair, GeoVisions, Renzulli Learning, LPI Renzulli Creativity Programs, and LPI Study in the USA.
The Local Rep Position
Local Reps support host families and international exchange visitors during their program year together. They are responsible to ensure the well-being of the exchange visitor as trusted mentors and provide top-notch client services to their host families while upholding program rules and regulations. The Rep serves as a mentor to international students and au pairs, organizes intercultural experiences to help students integrate and actively builds global education in a local area. With multiple program offerings, LPI Learning encourages participation with multiple programs, creating a single unified field network of experienced professionals.
Local Rep Responsibilities
- Promote philosophies in the Department of State Au Pair Exchange Program Brochure
- Uphold the Department of State Au Pair Regulations
- Interview and screen all host family members in their home environment at least four (4) weeks prior to exchange visitor arrival (for new host families)
- Collect and review the host’s Household Guide prior to exchange visitor arrival for each new placement
- Video call with exchange visitors within 48 hours of arrival to ensure their safe arrival and well-being
- Facilitate the agency’s orientation process with all host family members and the exchange visitor within the first two weeks of arrival
- Conduct fun, engaging monthly meetings with exchange visitors and monitor attendance
- Collaborate with the Local Rep Network to facilitate new connections among exchange visitors
- Maintain monthly two-way communication with hosts and answer common questions
- Submit a monthly report for each placement between the1st-15th of each month
- Serve as the main point person for hosts and exchange visitors throughout their program year
- Follow our proven conflict resolution process and serve as a neutral, third-party support
- Document factual information from both parties upon initial complaint from the host or exchange visitor
- Facilitate mediation between the exchange visitor and their host if requested by management in response to placement issues
- Promote agency programs within personal networks and community groups