LPI Learning Host Families receive a monthly stipend to offset the student’s expenses for housing, meals and transportation to school. The amount of the stipend is based upon the area of the country, average household income in the region and expected expenses during the student’s academic program.
In return for the monthly stipend, students will receive a private bedroom in the home, 3 meals a day (students can bring lunches from home to eat at school, but are otherwise responsible for buying their own school lunches if they prefer to eat from the school cafeteria), and transportation to and from school. Families will be paid the monthly stipend via direct deposit.
LPI Learning’s Host Families are considered Independent Contractors:
- Families are paid through direct deposit and upon acceptance complete a direct deposit form and a 1099 form
- LPI does NOT consider these payments ‘non-taxable’ which would require the tracking of expenses and receipts
- LPI Learning has made the decision to issue the 1099 and report it in Box 3
Each host family is assigned a LPI Local Representative who is based in their area. Our Local Representatives handles the screening and placement of students by taking all factors into consideration and create the best placement possible matches between our international students and Host Families.
Your local representative checks in to guarantee a safe and healthy environment and is available for 24/7 emergency support. Local Reps are your community-based resource throughout the school year. They are available to provide program monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of problems or issues where necessary.
Local Representatives Services:
- Screening, Placement, and Supervision of Homestay
- Maintain a close relationship with the host family and student
- Monthly meeting check-ins, answer basic questions, and provide ongoing support throughout the students stay
- 24/7 emergency services available for our host families for urgent matters that arise outside of normal hours