The Host Family Experience
Hosting an international student is a life changing experience. Host families are a fundamental part of an international student’s experience abroad and cultural exchange. Our families welcome a student into their home as another member of their family and help them learn about American culture.
LPI Learning matches families with an international student who will be attending a high school within your community. Many international students prefer an immersive experience during their time in the United States by living with an American family while attending a public or private day school. Students are typically between the ages of 14 and 18, depending on the type of school they plan to attend and their grade level.
All students arrive in the US with at least an intermediate level of English and further developing their English is a top priority for students. Families can choose to host the same student for multiple years, but this is not mandatory. Host families can opt to host more than one student at a time with a maximum of two international students per household.
Benefits of Hosting an International Student:
- Introduce your family to new cultures and customs
- Welcome an international student to your home, school, and community
- Change the life of an International Student by allowing them to experience American education and culture
- A generous monthly stipend to compensate for the additional costs occur from hosting a student
- 24/7 local and national support from representatives to support students with school monitoring and resolution of problems or issues if necessary