Since LPI Learning offers student’s multiple programs for their academic endeavors, we offer students Admissions Advising. Our team of advisors works with students and their parents to map out their academic paths that students will best excel on. Our advisors help students formulate this path based on their academic and personal goals and interests.
For over 30 years, our team of academic advisors has been assisting students and their families to select the right high school or university to attend. LPI Learning is partnered with over 300 schools nation wide and offer services for students and their families who seek assistance with high school, undergraduate or graduate admissions.
Selecting which institution will best meet a students goals, needs, and abilities has become a highly complex, costly, and an often stressful process. Our advising team will help you minimize your stress while finding the best fit school. The team will help you select academic courses, entrance exams, extracurricular activities, summer programs, and offer feedback on your written application essay which all have an impact on acceptances. Another important factor is recognizing what skills, talents and differentiating factors a student has that will give them that edge when compared to their peers.
Benefits of having an Admissions Advisor
- Identify which path to take for your academic career
- Target institutions which match your academic and personal goals
- Minimize stress
- Form a network with academic advisors and admissions counselors
LPI Learning Responsibilities Include
- Timely and wise assistance in the process of considering appropriate places to apply to and attend
- Assist in creating a list of six to eight “first choice” institutions based on his/her key criteria
- Review of academic record to date
- Advice on making successful campus visits and preparing for interviews
- Individualized counseling via phone, email, and face-to-face (Skype or in person) throughout the entire admission process
- Guidance regarding costs and financial aid
- Professional review of student essays, portfolios, etc.
- Assistance in achieving your goals and help students make confident choices
Parent and Student Responsibilities Include
- Provide transcript and standardized test results
- Maintain communication with LPI Learning
- Provide essays, application materials, or other information in accordance with LPI Learning deadlines
- Complete applications and send test scores to institutions and other required documents (transcripts, etc.)
- Secure academic and personal recommendations
- Monitor status of applications and notify institutions of enrollment intentions
Cost and Payments
- Initial Consultation Service – $200* per hour
LPI Learning (LPI) is available for hourly consultation services to provide information and advice about the college search.
- High School Advising Service – $2,000** (per year for 10 hours flat fee)
- Undergraduate Advising Service – $2,000** (per year for 10 hours flat fee)
- Graduate Student Advising Service – $1,500** (per year for 5 hours flat fee)
*Initial Consultation Service fee is waived for all LPI Learning Program Participants
**Credit given for initial hour consultation